Lenten Season at Friendship Celebration 2019
The season of Lent is a time when the church reflects upon the suffering and salvation accomplished by our Lord and Savior. Because of the cross, we have great consolation knowing our sins are forgiven. Lent is also a call to personal repentance and a time to recommit ourselves as followers of Jesus.
As part of our Lenten journey this year, we will focus on certain questions that Jesus asks. There are hundreds of questions to consider—some are more significant than others. Some questions Jesus definitively answered Himself. Answers to other questions are more elusive or open-ended. Yet, the question is always worth considering. Often Jesus precedes new teaching with a question as a way of opening up the heart.
You are invited to take part in special worship opportunities throughout Lent and Holy Week.
Holy Week Schedule
▪ Maundy Thursday, April 18th – 7:00 pm (Holy Communion)
▪ Good Friday, April 19th – 7:00 pm "It Is Finished" a Tenebrae service with the Celebration Choir
▪ Community Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, April 20th – 1:00 pm (up to 6th grade)
Easter Sunday, April 21th (Holy Communion)
- Sunrise Service 7:00 am on the Patio
- Worship Services (with Celebration Choir) 8:15 am & 11:00 am
- Easter Breakfast 9:15-10:30 am
- Children’s Easter Egg Hunt 10:00 am
Through this season of Lent, it is our prayer that the ministry efforts of our church would be used by the Holy Spirit to change hearts, deepen love, and strengthen faith in Jesus. Thinking and acting anew is a sign we have heard the question and received the answer. If you have needs or questions of any kind, please contact Pastor Matt, Pastor Tom, or contact the church office and we will put you in touch with one of the Elders.