Student Care Ministry
for at-home schooling
Weekly/Daily Options for 2020 "online schooling"
What is STUDENT CARE – MINISTRY? We care about families & youth here at Friendship Celebration Lutheran Church (FCLC). We seek to provide a fun, safe, & Bible-centered affordable option for families in our local community who need a place for their student(s) to learn during this unique time we find ourselves in. STUDENT CARE is for families of Preschoolers through 6th Graders who need a day(s)/week or even a partial day or week. COVID UPDATE: our check-in & check-out procedures are the same as our summer day camp. We will be doing a temperature check along with additional washing and hand sanitizer stations. We will also be wiping down surfaces every 2 hours. Our staff will be personally following CDC and local government guidelines.
- WHO CAN ATTEND? STUDENT CARE is for ages 3 years (potty trained is required) through 6th grade (in the 2020/21 school year) & will have at least 1 facilitator for every 10 students. Send your Student with a computer to connect through our internet for online instruction with their school. Our staff will help in this process.
- WHEN DOES IT BEGIN? Our start date will coincide with the West Ada School District’s start date of September 8th, 2020. We will follow their school calendar for holiday breaks. We plan on providing this through 2020. If schools decide to continue this style of learning into 2021 we will look into continuing this ministry. We will know by December 1st, 2020.
- WHO ARE THE STAFF? Our Director of Christian Education is Brett Lindemood. Our Program Director is Charlie Young (College Intern). The STUDENT CARE ministry staff may include Preschool teachers and aides, other church staff members, college students, & high school age students. All staff must be background checked.
- HOW MUCH DOES EACH WEEK/DAY COST? There is a onetime $50 registration fee (non-refundable) due upon registration in order to hold your spot. The most economical way to sign up is to register for every school week through December 31st, but we will also accept walk-ins as long as we do not hit our maximum number of students. The weekly cost is $135 for 5 days (9am to 2:30pm) for the rest of the 2020 school year. Daily Registration is available for $35 per day (9:00am to 2:30pm) for the rest of the 2020 school year. There is a drop-in rate of $70 per day, but this is only an option if we are not to capacity for that day/week.
- WHAT IF OUR SCHOOL CHANGES THEIR STYLE OF LEARNING? We want to be a service to your family. If the number of days needed changes or your school goes back fully to on campus learning, we will work with you to provide the most economical option for your family without penalty.
- LUNCH? Students must bring their own lunch in a small lunchbox, cooler, or sack. Lunches will be gathered by grade and refrigerated. All lunches should be clearly labeled with the student’s first name, last name, & grade for the 2020/21 school year. (If your child has a food allergy, their lunch will be stored separately.)
- SNACKS AND SNACK BAR? A morning & afternoon snack will be provided daily at no extra cost. During the afternoon snack time campers may purchase items (juice boxes, fruit snacks, cookies, crackers, water bottles…)
- WEEKLY & HOLIDAY EVENTS? Each Friday we will show a movie (PG or lower) at 3:00pm. On some holidays (when there is no school scheduled) we may have special activities scheduled (Example: Bounce Houses and activities). During the day we will provide various sessions inside and out (example: Sports, LEGO build, Arts-N-Crafts, Green Machine Raceway…) to help keep them active and engaged with the other students
- BEFORE/AFTER CARE? Before-Care & After-Care will be available for each school day (non-holiday). Before-Care runs from 7:00am to 9:00am for $5 per day & After-Care runs from 2:30pm to 6:00pm for $10 per day. You may also sign up for a full week of both Before-Care & After-Care for $70 total for the entire week. (See registration on reverse side for more information.)
- OUR STUDENT CARE MINISTRY STAFF: Click here for a list of our current Student Care Ministry staff.
- HOW DO I SIGN UP? Fill out the registration on the reverse side. Click here for registration form - Please make checks payable to FCLC.