From Pastor Matt:
FCLC COVID 19 REOPENING PLAN
Welcome to Stage Two! Efforts to reopen the community continue. While the church has had the “green light” since Stage One, we are taking a gradual approach to reopening by providing on-line and in-person worship service choices for people along the way. The last few outdoor services have gone very well. Special thanks to our Tech Team, Worship Team and Altar Team.
As a reminder, people should bring and be able to carry their own lawn chairs and/or blanket. We sit on the grass as individuals or in family groups, but still observe social distancing. Facemasks are encouraged, but not required, since we are outside. The building is generally closed. However, we ask that if you must enter the building, such as for bathroom use, you wear a mask. Drinking fountains have been turned off, so you may want to bring a water bottle and hat to be comfortable. If you are not feeling well, please refrain from attending this service. While the Elders and Pastor recognize the need to make the Lord’s Supper available to the congregation, we also honor the decisions of people to remain at home for their personal health and safety. We are working on alternative ways of visitation and sharing of the meal. The online 9am service and the 11 am outdoor service will continue through the month of May. The 11 am outdoor service is weather dependent and will be confirmed or cancelled weekly in Friday’s Friendly 411. (To sign up for the Friendly 411, email us at .
All who attend need to understand and observe these guidelines.
1) If you are not feeling well, please do not gather, but stay at home for the good of others.
2) We will be gather on the grass between the SW side of the church building and the parking lot. We will use an outdoor sound system for pre recorded music, distribute large bulletins (or you can use your phone as the bulletin is online) and the spoken portions of the service, including the sermon, will be live.
3) Upon arriving, please remain in your car and an usher will direct you to the worship location. People will be asked to carry their own lawn chairs and/or blankets from their car to the worship location on the grass.
4) Social distancing of six feet will be observed at all times, including youth and children who should remain with their family.
5) Face masks will be worn by all participants. You are highly encouraged to bring a mask of your own, but if you need one, a limited number of homemade cloth masks (adults and children sizes) will be available.
6) There is no nursery or childcare coverage.
7) The building is considered closed, with the exception of bathroom use if necessary, one family at a time. However, please plan ahead so facility use is avoided. Any person entering the building will enter and exit through marked doors. All other doors will be locked.
8) Bringing a hat, sunglasses, water bottle is suggested. Drinking fountains are not available.
9) There will be a fixed location to receive the offering at the beginning or end of the service.
10) At the conclusion of the service, people will be excused by the ushers in an orderly manner.
Thank you for connecting with FCLC as we've moved to an online format! For now the FCLC buildings and campus are effectively closed.
Worship services are available online on Sundays at 9:00 am (streaming only) (MDT) and at 11:00 am (streaming and in-person [see guidelines for attending in-person services, please].)
Our Sunday services are streamed on Facebook Live. To be notified of when we are live, you must have a FaceBook account. Not part of Facebook? Anyone may watch the whole service at any time even after it has been live-streamed. Click here to link to FC Online Worship Services webpage directly. You will find links on that page as well as worship bulletin PDF’s to supplement your worship experience. The worship bulletin includes Sermon notes and life group questions. PDF copies of the sermon are also available on website website under Resources: Sermons. Upon request to the church office, DVDs of the entire worship service are available for mailing. Email the church office at with your request.
Stay informed! If you call the church office please leave a message and your call will be returned. Pastor Matt, the Elders and ministry teams want to make sure physical needs are met and the spiritual well-being of the congregation is assured. For timely updates, please sign up for the Friendly 411 and the church newsletter, Friendly Findings, by emailing the church office at the email address above.
Please remember to give your offering by mailing a check to the church, by giving online through www.friendshipcelebration.org or by using automatic withdrawal (preferred method) by linking it to your savings/checking account or debit/credit card. This form is also available on the church website (look under “Give” dropdown menu at the top of the webpage). Thank you for your faithful giving!
These are challenging and unprecedented times, but also an opportunity for the Gospel to be where it belongs—in our homes and in our hearts. May God bless you and your household.
Celebrating, connecting, and communicating Christ's love
- God the Father’s love for us in creating us and giving His Son.
- in faith with Jesus, our Savior, and with others in love and care.
- God’s love in the power of the Holy Spirit.